chibixio

chibixio

Insurgent

Insurgent  - Veronica Roth I liked Insurgent way more than Divergent. Lots of improvement here, especially in story and character development. The characters seemed deeper and more real than those in the previous book. And Tobias and Tris' relationship finally started to make sense to me. I still don't know how to feel about them, though; sometimes I like them and sometimes I don't. I guess I would have liked them more if the romantic stuff had remained in the back seat a bit more. I liked how Four starts to appear more flawed, but sometimes it felt too similar to certain character from certain book...
I'm not going to say it was not predictable, because I saw the final revelation coming, among other things, but it wasn't nearly as predictable as Divergent either. It had some predictable parts and other not-so-predictable ones. Sometimes I suspected "X" was about to happen but I didn't know the motivation behind it.
Again: predictable or not, the book sucked me in. By the middle of it I was so engaged I couldn't put it down. I have to give it credit.